Sunday, August 28, 2011

romans 12:10

"be kindly affectionate to one another in brotherly love, honor giving preference to one another"


     i spent years of my life throwing stones at my dad. blaming him for choices i made and holding a grudge. i thought i hated him but i didn't, i hated that i was turning into him, it's crazy how people like me can throw a stone at someone for sinning when thats a sin in itself. i came to the realization that no ones sins are greater or smaller then someone elses, a sin is a sin no matter how it's performed. so if i hate my dad i must hate myself to. and if god can forgive me then he also can be forgiven. i layed in bed thinking about this almost all night, the next day when pottersfield ranch interns went into town and the first service bar popped up on my phone i opened a new text message tyoed in "i love you dad" and pressed send. it seemed like at all happend in slow motion this was the first time i told my dad i loved him in almost 4 years. well i mean he would tell me he loved me and i would answer with a mumbled i love you too or just egnore him all together. but when i sent this to him i ment it. i geuss this is what it means to give preference to one another, for the first time my dads feelings came before my own and i saw him as a child of god and all i could think about was the reaction he would get when he read the text i sent him. it was like all the past was left in the past and we started a new relationship with a good start.  what better way is there to start a relationship with someone, why not start every relationship of with love, WITH THE LOVE OF FROM JESUS. this doesnt mean i will look up to my dad or have the same trust someone would with there fathers but i will love him with brotherly love just like every sinner.

application: keep reminding myself of gods love and trying to love like him more.



No comments:

Post a Comment