Friday, November 4, 2011

1 corinthians 13:7


I Corinthians 13:7 “Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

…After looking up the word bear, I found out that it comes from the greek word stego meaning to cover or protect. in  Galatians 6:2  Paul says “bear one another’s burdens and so for fill the law of Christ.” This shows me that love aught to go out of its way to make sure that those around us are comfortable, trusted, loved, cared for and protected.
>I think when it says believe all things this verse isn’t telling me to be gullible but to think the best of people rather then the worst.
>And when hoping all things I need to always look forward and not dwell in the failures of the past.
When I hold on to my failures I give Satan authority over what I choose to endure.


Application: I need to be someone that recognizes the failures of the past but recognizes as well the hope of the future enduring his love forever.. Knowing that god is working in me and being satisfied in him. Also being willing to bear anything, believe in what I am bearing, hoping in my belief, and endureing all that he has to affer while offering it to others. . Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment