Friday, November 11, 2011

proverbs 31:6


Proverbs  31:6 “give strong drink to him who is perishing, and wine to those who are bitter of heart.”

King lemuels mom is telling him to give strong drink to those who are perishing, letting him come to the conclusion hopefully that he is not perishing there fore this is no need to live like he is. He is a king, and has a strong calling and hopefully wishes to have a heart that is strong yet tender not bitter and drunk.

How can I relate this to me?

Since I am now a child of god I am called to be vessel that poor in and out his word and his love not pours in and out bitterness that comes from the perishing drunk soul.

I am not perishing flesh anymore. I have found a purpose and a savior, a reason not to be bitter and crave anything other then the blood of Christ and a reason not to dilute the blood he created with in me with alcohol or any other substance that impares my abilitie to be used by him.


Application is to evaluate my life.. What could possibly be a hindrance to others around me to get to know god, and get rid of whatever it may be. From  alcohol, to launguage to sex before marriage to anything that brings forth conviction.


1 Thessalonians 5:8-9 “But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment