Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Proverbs 31:4

Proverbs 31:4 Proverbs 31:4 “t is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:


 I asked myself when reading this how it applies to my life, because I am not a queen and don’t have a country looking at me as there ruler to give them wise council and guidance, so… why do I need to stay away from alcohol?

And then I remembered, all the people that destroy there life with alcohol.. from the a man that cant hold down a job because he lashes out at anyone around him,, a high school kid that gets alcohol poisoning  at a party leading to a fadle end, alcohol addictions that separate families forever, and the drunk driver that gets in a wreck and killed a family spending the rest of his life in prison.

in my opinion There are many reasons to stay away from alcohol
 even if someone didn’t think have a problem and have high self control that can handle a couple beers once in a while, , it still dilutes your common since and impairs your morals, it gives the enemy a tool to lead you or someone else away from the lord.

And although this scripture is council to a king, it can be used for everyone. A king had many people looking at him as an example and a leader but in Gods eyes every life is equally loved and important, and since I never know who is watching me I have made a commitment to god to not deliberately impair my judgment any longer never drinking again.

Application: be aware off any substance, word, or action coming from me that may lead someone away from the lord. Not letting the devil dim the light that the lord has put in my heart to glorify him.

1 comment:

  1. Margaret told me that we are all saints or queens in the eyes of god... when we choose to be new in his creation. i see this to be true. i cant even talk about my old life with out feeling like im referring to someone els. God has changed my desires and shown me his love.. i don't need any substance to make me feel good any more.... wow.... never thought i would say that.

    ReplyDelete