Friday, November 11, 2011

proverbs 31:7


Proverbs 31:7 “Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.”

I used to drink to forget things that brought my heart misery. Things that tormented me would seem to be easier to handle when drunk, in reality I wasn’t handling them at all just numbing them as they grew to effect me more and more.
As easy as it was to forgt my problems with a bottle when I woke up the next day everything seemed to hit me harder, not only was the pain still there internally but now I had physical pain to, body aches, head aches, and no motivation to do anything or go any where.
As I now grow to know god, and begin to see his character I see that he doesn’t want me or any of his children hindered or with out motivation for his will. All threw out scripture I see lines like “arise and go” Jeremiah 18:2, acts 9:11, acts 9:6, acts 22:10 and the big one Mathew 28:19 “go and make disciples of all nations.” And being drunk to forgit my problems would be a big disability when up comes to going anywhere.
for example I cant ever see my boss in a secular world allowing me to be drunk during work hours so as a servant and worker for Christ where there are no 9 to 5 hours or punch cards I must always be ready to arise and go any where he calls me at any time not being hindered by alcohol or any other distractions the enemy might throw at me or my flesh might crave.
Application: be mindful about what I poor into my life in knowing that it will seep out.
be couscous of what I spend my time doing knowing that not just alcohol can hinder my ability to serve god, but also anything I let have more control over me then he does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment